Happy new week!
Puff Puff is a great snack both at home and at school. It is made of basically three ingredients (Flour, yeast and sugar).The rest are side attractions. I used to buy it out a lot until I learned how to make it. I am gladly sharing this with you so you can become independent especially when the mama puff puff at your junction is not selling that particular day. You can make yours without worries.
Thanks to my sister who helped me out with this recipe as I was not feeling too well over the weekend. She also loves to experiment with food and does make up too. You can follow her on Instagram here or on twitter here.
- 2 cups (250g) of Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons of yeast
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
- ½ cup granulated sugar (or to your taste)
- 3 pinches of salt.
- Scotch bonnet Pepper
- Lukewarm water (for mixing)
- Vegetable Oil
- Sift the flour in a clean bowl
- Add yeast and nutmeg
- Cut the pepper into small pieces
- Mix again to allow for air to penetrate in
- Add your sugar and salt
- Add your pepper in and mix again
- Pour some lukewarm water into the mixture. Do that gradually so as not to pour excess water
- Then use a translucent nylon to cover it before then using a clean kitchen napkin and keep in a warm place for about 45mins..Notice the mixture is risen and looks beautiful
- Get your pot of oil ready and heated up on medium heat (Do not let your oil be too hot so that the first batch you fry doesn’t get burnt)
- Scoop with a tablespoon or with your hand and gently drop into the oil for frying
- Serve and enjoy!